Listen to Episode 002 with Jen Glantz here:
It's no secret: I love hearing stories of people who start unique and creative businesses, the types that make people laugh and say "people pay you to do that?!" This is especially true when they are absolutely crushing it!
Jen Glantz just may have started the most unique business I've ever heard of...
After being asked to be a bridesmaid twice in the span of 48 hours (and having already been a bridesmaid over a half dozen times before) Jen Glantz went to Craigslist and offered her services as a professional bridesmaid to strangers all over the world.
The ad went viral.
Her inbox was flooded with hundreds of requests and Bridesmaid for Hire was born.
Having majored in poetry in university and now starting a business from scratch, she decided that she was going to "walk into every situation, telling [herself]: I don't know what I'm doing and that's okay!"
Now, only a year later, Jen is constantly being featured the press for her unique and creative business, even making appearances on Good Morning America and the Today Show!
"Do something today and don't wait for the day that you're going to wake up and feel ready, because that may never come."
However, this didn't all just fall into her lap by chance...
In this podcast, Jen talks about the story behind Bridesmaid for Hire, what made her finally take action on the idea that's been lingering for a long time, and the incredible lessons she learned along the way.
More specifically, Jen teaches you:
- How to think outside the box and start a creative and unique business (and how to test the market before you get started).
- Why you should take action on your ideas even if you don't have any business experience.
- How to get featured in the press and land appearances on the Today Show and Good Morning America.
- How to create a narrative around yourself and your business so that it creates a compelling story that people want to hear.
- What she did to improve her ability to deal with failure and be the resilient person she is today!
- And much, much more!
Follow Jen Glantz Online:
Website:Bridesmaid for Hire
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Jen?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!