Listen to Episode 005 with Myke Macapinlac here:
When it comes to improving social confidence, Myke is the man!
And yes, social skills are something you could improve on. After all, social skills are precisely that, skills!
The misconception we have is as follows: you're either naturally gifted with social skills or you're forever doomed to feel uncomfortable in social situations.
Looking at Myke and hearing him speak, you'll never guess that he was the exact opposite of who he is today.
Coming from the Philippines, he was taught that making eye contact was impolite. So, you can imagine that when he moved to Canada he had a lot of catching up to do.
On top of that, he also weighed 200lbs and had a 36-inch waist which made him extremely insecure and shy. His self-confidence was at an all time low.
He could have accepted it by saying "this is just who I am", But Myke doesn't settle. He's constantly working on bettering himself and truly believes in the concept of constant self-improvement. So, decided to take action by joining a bootcamp and consciously working on improving his social skills. And it absolutely changed his life.
"Who I become matters more than what I do."
Myke has now coached over 200 guys through Social Man Project, and taught them how to overcome their fears and shyness so they can create the social life they deserve.
I was lucky enough to catch Myke for this quick interview before he headed off to his "social gym"; 1 hour a day that he sets aside to go out with the sole intention of talking to strangers in order to keep improving his social skills.
Whether you're a guy or a girl, you'll absolutely love this interview with Myke because he reminds us that "we attract what we are" and that we all have the capability and responsibility to keep bettering ourselves, each and every day.
"Set yourself up to win because there's nothing more than builds confidence than small wins."
More specifically, in this podcast episode Myke will teach you:
- How to get clarity on who you are and what you want from a relationship.
- Why being authentic and being true to yourself is essential in having meaningful interactions.
- How to show up "at the right places" in order to meet people with similar interests.
- How to overcome the fear of approaching beautiful women, and how to talk to them in a way that keeps them interested.
- Why pick-up lines are overrated and how to approach someone with the intent of making someone's day instead.
- How to feel so good about yourself that you WANT to share it with other people and have the confidence to initiate conversation with strangers.
- And much, much more!
Want more of Myke?
Vist his website: Social Man Project
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Myke?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!