Listen to episode 010 with Olympic diver Meaghan Benfeito here:
When the Olympics come around, I don’t move from the TV for hours.
Maybe even days.
And when I do get out of the house, I wear a Canadian maple leaf everywhere I go.
So, having an Olympic athlete on the show is a big deal for me - especially when it’s someone who’s as easy going and down to earth as Meaghan Benfeito.
Meaghan won bronze at the 2012 Olympics in London in the 10m synchro event with her long time partner and best friend Roseline Filion. Although that was her first podium at the Olympic Games (her first games being in Beijing in 2009), her diving resume is very impressive:
She won silver at the 10m synchro at the world championships in 2013 and again in 2015.
She won gold at the commonwealth games in 2014 in both the 10m synchro and the 10m platform.
And just a few months ago, she won gold in the 10m synchro at the 2015 PanAm Games in Toronto.
"Jumping in the air and feeling like you're flying really caught my attention."
What’s unique about Meaghan’s story is that although she does compete in the individual events, she seems to excel in the synchro event. So, she obviously knows a thing or two about teamwork and communication.
More specifically, in this episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast, you'll learn:
- How Meaghan got into diving and who she looked up to growing up.
- The exact moment when she realized that competing in the Olympics was a real possibility.
- What it’s like to compete on such a big stage and how to deal with the pressure of feeling like an entire country is counting on you.
- How to work with others and the key to successful relationships.
- Why she stopped relying on superstitions and what she started doing instead.
- The life of a world class athlete. Meg tells us what a day in her life looks like.
- What she’s changing in her routine before the 2016 games in Rio.
- And much, much more!
Follow Meaghan on Instagram during her road to Rio in 2016: @Megbenfeito
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Meghan?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!