Listen to Episode 018 with Danny-J here:
What are the odds that someone who was pregnant at the age of 15 years old, who then contemplated suicide multiple times, and was then temporarily paralyzed in their early 20s, would go on to be one of the most passionate, fun, and outgoing people you'll ever meet?
I want you to meet my friend Danny-J!
What I love about Danny-J is that she is probably the most honest and real person I've ever met. She's not afraid to dish it to you straight, cut through all the BS, and say things the way they are.
As an online entrepreneur, she's created multiple successful brands online, all with the same underlying mentality: to "make people more awesome(r)".
She first found success in the fitness industry as a personal trainer when she started No Excuses Fitness. She then co-founded The Sweaty Betties which became one of the largest online fitness communities for women.
Yet, the reason why Danny-J was driven to start doing business online instead of in person, was because of some major struggles and insecurities she was going through at the time.
"We need to have a healthy body, because that's where the spirit is housed."
When she began competing in fitness competitions, she developed adrenal fatigue and started gaining weight. She was doing everything she told her clients to do, but was getting opposite results.
Inevitably, she began questioning everything she was doing. She was embarrassed.
And to escape the real world, she started doing business online.
It was her way of hiding.
"I had to realize that people love me, for me. Not because I have 6-pack abs."
And in this interview, Danny-J tells us everything that's happened to her, how it made her feel, and the steps she's taken to get over it all.
I loved interviewing her because she's been faced with major obstacles many times in her life, yet she has always found a way of overcoming them. And, although she didn't know it at the time, following her gut, listening to her instincts, and following her heart would be her biggest reasons for success.
So, if you're fed up of all the overnight success stories you see online - you're going to love this interview with Danny-J because she tells it as it is! She's not shy to say how hard it's actually been for her, but also how worthwhile the entire process was.
If you want to be inspired, look no further than this interview with Danny-J!
More specifically, in this episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast, you'll learn:
- What happened when Danny-J got pregnant at the age of 15 years old.
- The exact thought and vision that stopped her from killing herself.
- How she got paralyzed when she was 22 years old.
- Why she quit being a personal trainer because she started gaining weight and felt embarrassed to train her clients.
- How wanting to hide from the real world led her to starting The Sweaty Betties.
- How her life changed when she bought a Groupon deal for hypnotherapy.
- Why buying a motorhome, travelling with her husband and dogs, and living a minimalistic life shifted her perspective on what's truly important.
- Why you don't need to know why you want to do something, and why you should follow your instincts without trying to justify all your actions and decisions.
- And much, much more!
Want more of Danny-J?
Check out her personal website: DannyJ.com
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Danny-J?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!