Listen to Episode 023 with Erica Duran here:
If you were to have told me just a few years ago, that I could design my ideal lifestyle and actually live it, I wouldn't have believed you.
Isn't there a path we're expected to follow?
Luckily along the way, I've met incredible people like Erica Duran who have taught me that creating a freedom based business that allows you to live a lifestyle by design is possible.
So, what does it even mean to be a lifestyle designer?
It's simple - you design your lifestyle first and then build a business that fits into it.
Not the other way around!
These days you could find Erica running her business from luxury resorts in Laguna Beach, Orange County, Hawaii, and the Florida Keys. The best part? They sponsor her podcast and she stays for free.
But of course, it took her years of long commutes in traffic and being on call 24/7 working in the hotel industry before she realized that she felt trapped and needed a change.
"I kinda just walked out at lunch one day, and never came back to my corporate job."
And, I'm totally on the same page with Erica on this.
One of the biggest reasons why I quit my last corporate job and have been working online ever since, was partially the long commutes like Erica mentioned, but mainly because the corporate world doesn't always allow change.
There are certain ways of doing things - and that's just how they have to be done.
Even if they're not the most effective.
Even if they're outdated.
Even if they don't make sense.
That's just the way it is.
"I felt like I was a 22-year old know it all and I just didn't like being told what to do."
Once Erica resigned from corporate, she floundered for a while. But she started by designing her dream lifestyle first and then building a business around it. Which really helped her find the clarity she needed to build a business that generates enough income for her to live that ideal lifestyle.
And, in this interview Erica tells us all about the many different businesses she started and why she needed to re-invent herself and pivot many times before finding herself in the online business she's in today.
More specifically, in this episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast, you'll learn:
What it means to be a freedom based luxury designer.
How Erica is able to live and work from luxury resorts in Laguna Beach, Orange County, Hawaii and the Florida Keys.
Why she walked out of her corporate job and never went back.
- The biggest struggles Erica had as an employee and why she needed to be her own boss.
- How Erica started multiple businesses before finally finding happiness in the online business she's in today.
- Why she got most of her clients from in-person networking events and why it's easier to build the "know, like, and trust" factor, in person.
- The specific moment of clarity that helped Erica change her positioning from selling $50 one-off sessions to selling $12,000 luxury packages.
- How to get over your fear of putting yourself out there and producing content to publish online that will be out there forever.
- How to design a lifestyle business so you only work 3 days per week.
- Why picking your ideal client is just as important as picking your ideal partner if your were dating.
- How to make money in your first 30 to 90 days of starting your business.
- And much, much more!
Want more of Erica? Check out these links:
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Erica?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!