Listen to Episode 027 with Johnny FD here:
I decided to leave Montreal to spend my winter in Thailand for a few reasons. The weather and the food were definitely high on my list, but the main reason I decided to come back to Thailand (I was here last year for 2 months as well) was because it’s a hotspot for online entrepreneurs known as digital nomads.
I’ve considered myself a digital nomad for a while now (I’ve been location independent since 2014), and I no longer felt a sense of belonging in Montreal. So, I came to Chiang Mai, rented my own condo and motor bike, and have made it my home for the foreseeable future.
And, let me tell you, it has not disappointed. Everywhere I look, I see people masterminding over coffee, bootstrapping, and collaborating.
I feel like I belong for the first time in a long time.
When I got here, my friends Nick and Gen introduced me to Johnny FD. And, I’m super glad that they did. (Thanks guys!)
I first met Johnny for lunch and before we knew it, we were setting up our laptops and microphones in his condo, getting ready to record a podcast episode together.
That’s just how things work when you’re in an environment of like-minded people who just get it.
“I learn so much from everyone I hang out with.”
This was my first in-person interview and it definitely won’t be my last. I loved the personal dynamic, how we were able to feed of each other’s body language, and how it sounds more like you’re eavesdropping on our conversation in a bar than you’re listening to a recorded interview.
Johnny’s story is amazing and he holds nothing back: he talks about being deeply immersed in the world of pick-up artists, how he then moved to Thailand to become a dive-master, how he had his first Muay Thai fight after only 2 months of training, how he published his first ebook and was able to live off the $600/month revenue as a beachbum and how he’s now crushing it as an online entrepreneur making nearly $20,000/month with drop shipping.
“A lot of it is deferring instant gratification for long term success.”
More specifically, in this episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast, you’ll learn:
- What 2 digital nomads do on a Monday afternoon in Thailand (hint: record podcasts together)
- Why Johnny felt unhappy in his corporate job, what caused him to lack self-confidence, and how it led him to become a pick-up artist.
- What the underground world of pick-up artists taught him about self-improvement and how it ultimately led him to reading the 4-Hour Work Week.
- How Johnny ended up moving to Thailand to become a dive-master, how he published his first ebook “12-weeks in Thailand” and how he lived a glamorous life by the beach on just $600/month.
- Why online courses changed the game for Johnny and how they helped him scale his business from generating $600/month to now earning nearly $20k/month.
- What is “drop shipping” and what Johnny does online on a day-to-day basis.
- The importance of taking risks and the key to travelling around the world while running your business from beautiful exotic locations…on a budget.
- And much, much more!
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Johnny?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!