Listen to Episode 035 with Gwen Elliot here:
One of my goals for this year is to be featured in major media outlets like Forbes, Entrepreneur and Men's Health.
It's a massive goal...I know.
But luckily, I have Gwen Elliot on my side. (I’ll tell you a bit more about Gwen a little later.)
Why is this so important, you may ask?
Well, if you’re not getting media attention you’re missing out on a huge opportunity because mainstream media coverage is the ultimate ‘turning pro’ moment.
Not only does it get your message out to the masses, but it creates massive buzz around what you’re doing.
"This is not all about you. This is about reaching your people."
It’s time to stop being the best kept secret. And this is where Gwen comes in.
Gwen is amazing at getting you (and your business) out of obscurity by helping you land your big break through mainstream media.
She's helped her clients get featured in places like Forbes, Cosmo, Virgin, Entrepreneur on Fire, and MarketWatch.
"There's nothing like the high of getting featured in a media outlet that you love."
All it really comes down to is knowing where to find the right people (editors/publishers/producers) and knowing how to approach them effectively.
If you think about how many pitches these people are getting, you'll realize that you need to have the right approach if you want to stand out and stand a chance at getting any type of consideration.
"I'm here today to tell you that it's not as hard as you think it is. If you send out a well crafted email to the right editor or producer, with a helpful message, they will want to interview you. They are always looking for new and exciting stories to share."
So, I called in a favour from my friend Gwen and she agreed to share exactly how she's able to get her clients (and herself!) featured in mainstream media time and time again.
Once Gwen explained her method, I was shocked at how simple it seemed. Now I can’t wait to begin making waves in the press myself.
Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Men’s Health…here I come!
More specifically, on this episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast with Gwen elliot, you’ll learn:
- How Gwen got an interview for her dream job at the Oprah Winfrey Network.
- What happened to Gwen when she didn't get the job offer and had to move back in with her parents.
- What it took for Gwen to snap out of her funk and how this led her to starting her own show that later got picked up by OWN.
- How Gwen started her first blog and why she's still embarrassed by it.
- The story behind The Naked Entrepreneur.
- How to get featured in major media like Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Men's health.
- The top 3 things you need to do to get featured in mainstream media.
- How to craft a narrative around yourself so that you are interesting to the press and get featured. (Hint: We can all do this!)
- Why Gwen gave up alcohol and how it's changed her social and professional life.
- The exact email scripts you can use to get featured on major podcasts, magazines, and blogs.
- And, much much more.
Want more of gwen elliot? Check out these links:
Check out Gwen's website: Gwen.TV
Listen to Gwen's podcast: Your Big Break
Or, shoot her an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the free resources Gwen mentioned on this interview:
The Treatment Document that got Gwen's show "Start Something Big" picked up by a local cable network.
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Gwen?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!