LISTEN TO EPISODE 041 WITH JEssica Rhodes HERE:
I never thought I'd be a podcaster.
Actually, now that I think about it, people did tell me I had a good voice for radio or that they saw me as a sports broadcaster on ESPN.
But, I didn't go to school to study media or communications or anything along those lines, so I never expected to go that route.
Yet, here I am, hosting episode 41 of my very own podcast. The same podcast that hit the front page of iTunes twice: once for being #1 New and Noteworthy for multiple categories and then again a few months later for hitting the "What's Hot" list for business.
When I got started, I didn't have much of a reason as to why I wanted to start my own show, but as my show grew, it gave me many different reasons as to why I should keep it going (with no plans of stopping any time soon!).
And, the reasons are probably way different that you think.
So, I decided it was time to share it all with you so you can see the power of hosting a podcast and get a better idea of where it can fit in your business.
In order to do so successfully, I decided to call Jessica Rhodes for some help.
Jessica is an authority in the podcasting space. She's the founder and CEO of Interview Connections and she understands podcasting from both sides of the microphone.
So if you've ever wanted to be the host of your own podcast, if you wanted to get featured as a guest, or if you're just curious about this whole podcasting thing, then this episode is for you!
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Jessica, YOU’LL LEARN:
- My shocking discovery of how Jessica is related to Jim Palmer.
- Why Jessica started Interview Connections and how she built an entire business around podcasting.
- How I got into podcasts and what made me start the Unleash Yourself podcast.
- The biggest benefit you'll get from podcasting, either as a host or as a guest.
- Why listeners feel SO connected to a podcaster after listening to their show.
- How the relationship between a podcast host and a podcast guest grows from "stranger" to "trusted friend" over the course of 1 podcast interview.
- Why you don't need to focus on building a show of mass exposure, but rather focus on creating intimate relationships instead.
- How to improve your interview skills. (Hint: it happens by podcasting!)
- The beauty of interviewing without having notes or pre-determined questions.
- The value of listening and why this is the BEST skill you can have as a interviewer.
- My #1 goal while interviewing. (When this happens, I fist pump.)
- The value of silence and how to use silence to get's someone's attention.
- How to provide an amazing podcasting experience as a host for your guest, and vice versa.
- Becoming a celebrity-like figure through your podcast and being seen as an authority.
- How to reach influencers and have conversations that are worth thousands of dollars.
- How to get over your fear of podcasting!
- And, much much more!
WANT MORE OF Jessica? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Check out Jessica's website: JessicaRhodes.biz
Listen to the Rhodes To Success podcast!
Follow Jessica on Facebook: Jessica Rhodes
Tweet Jessica by clicking here!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Interview Connections: the premier source for booking outstanding podcast guests.
The microphone I talk about that kept me accountable to launching my first podcast: Blue Yeti
Documentary about Master Sommeliers I mentioned when we spoke about wine: Somm
The #AskGaryV Show that Jessica referred to.
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL ALSO ENJOY:
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Jessica?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!