LISTEN TO EPISODE 043 WITH Natalie Sisson HERE:
I've been travelling quite a bit over the last 2 years; living a minimalistic lifestyle out of my blue Gregory backpack while adapting to different cultures in various continents around the world.
I've experimented with fast travel and slow travel.
I've struggled with balancing my desire for daily adventure with my ambition to build a successful business.
It's been an interesting journey.
There's a lot more to being successful living out of a backpack than it seems. It's not all waterfalls and Instagram photos. That only lasts so long if you don't have a viable revenue generating business behind it all.
This is exactly what today's guest on the Unleash Yourself podcast has become a master at.
Natalie Sisson is known as The Suitcase Entrepreneur because since leaving New Zealand in 2006, she's lived out of her suitcase and travelled the world (69 countries and counting!) all while running an online business that allows her massive freedom and a multiple six-figure income.
"I was pretty dedicated and committed to having more freedom in my life and I knew what my strengths were."
I loved chatting with Natalie because not only did we talk about building a business around our passions and how to adapt our businesses to our personal growth over the years, but we talked about some of the struggles and difficulties we face as suitcase entrepreneurs that you may not even know exist.
"When I first made money online, it opened my mind to what I could do. From there, I kept testing and asking my audience what they wanted and went on to make solutions for them."
So if living out of a suitcase or backpack seems to be your thing and you prefer to buy experiences over stuff, you're going to love this episode!
P.S. In this episode you'll find out where I'm going to be travelling to next!
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Natalie, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What freedom means to Natalie and why she thinks it's a right and not a privilege.
- How Natalie decides where to "settle" and how she knows it's the right place and time to do so.
- Why community matters for digital nomads and suitcase entrepreneurs.
- How I found freedom in commitment and how to plan ahead in order to enjoy the present.
- Why it's important to start and build your business before you decide to travel and how to know when you're ready to hit the road.
- What it means to be a leading learner and why you can be one too.
- How Natalie created her first online course and what she learned from her first experience creating a video course.
- What happened after Natalie made her first sale and how she learned how to scale her business from there.
- How Natalie dealt with a failed launch and what she did to unleash herself from her fears and self-doubt.
- How Natalie became The Suitcase Entrepreneur and how that was the biggest turning point in her journey.
- The importance of sharing your journey and why people follow you through your transitions.
- Natalie's #1 piece of advice for people wanting to create an information product or online course.
- How to accept the freedom mindset and create the right headspace to enjoy more freedom in your life.
- Find out if Natalie ever feels pressure to travel more and more rather than settle in one place because she's branded herself as the suitcase entrepreneur.
- Why Natalie and I are both going to Lisbon.
- How to create financial freedom by monetizing your passions.
- And, much much more!
My answer to Natalie's survey on Right2Freedom.com:
1. What does freedom mean to you? How would you define it?
Freedom is an emotion. It's a feeling that means flexibility. It means not feeling bounded to something, both physically and emotionally. It means doing what you like, whenever you like to do it. It means being vulnerable and surrendering, without being afraid. It means feeling Unleashed.
WANT MORE OF Natalie? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Follow Natalie and her adventures as the Suitcase Entrepreneur on Facebook.
Follow Natalie on Instagram: @NatalieSisson
Buy her #1 Bestselling Book: Suitcase Entrepreneur
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL ALSO ENJOY:
EP 029: DISCOVER THE OPEN WORLD, TRAVEL 30+ COUNTRIES, AND BUILD YOUR BUSINESS IN AN UNCONVENTIONAL WAY. (FEATURING DANNY FLOOD)
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Natalie?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!