LISTEN TO EPISODE 044 WITH John Mautner HERE:
Some entrepreneurs start a business and grow with it. They go from the founder to being the CEO of their multi-million dollar company and never leave it.
Others start a business, watch it grow to 7-figures and then start another.
John Mautner started 5 multi-million dollar businesses over the past 25 years.
At 26 years old, John's first business (that he explains in detail in this podcast interview) was named as one of America's 500 fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
"I was just following the dream and the dream was so compelling that I just followed it to wherever it took me."
The business you ask? Well, if you've ever had a roasted nut at a sports event, amusement park, or anywhere else... its because John not only created this business, but created a specialty food that is now known around the world.
He literally started from the bottom with one cart in a low-traffic mall, selling $30 of almonds per day, to deals with the NBA and quickly hitting over $100 million dollars in revenue 6 years later.
"Every dollar that I made I plowed back into the company, and I noticed that the more money I put back it, the faster the company grew."
He hustled his way to the top.
And, this wasn't a one hit wonder for John.
He went on to start many multi-million dollar businesses, helped others achieve peak performance and success in their businesses, and along the way outlined the top 10 reasons why most businesses never reach the peak of their potential success...which he outlines in his new book: The Profit Pattern: The Top 10 Tools To Transform Your Business, Drive Performance, Empower Your People, Accelerate Productivity and Profitability .
John shares his story and all his trade secrets in this episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH John, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How John felt working in a cubicle and the exact thought he had that made him quit his lucrative job in finance at 26 years old.
- Why John wanted to start a roasted nut company and how he dealt with everyone who thought he was nuts...no pun intended.
- The early stages of building a business from scratch: how John hustled his way to partnerships.
- How John over-delivered when someone asked him to send them a sample of his product. The reason why he did NOT send them a sample, but what he did instead.
- How John dealt with the early struggles of only selling 10 bags of nuts per day at 3$ per bag.
- The importance of location and traffic flow. Why moving his cart to a different location skyrocketed his sales.
- How he locked-in a deal with the Orlando Magic.
- The way to create your own opportunities and the value of face-to-face communication.
- Why John thinks fear stands for F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appearing Real.
- Why successful people are decisive, just like Jim Palmer talked about in EP 032.
- How John scaled to $100,00/month in sales with the same product, just by finding the right location, and how he quickly then multiplied that to $200,000 overnight by adding 1 cart to his fleet.
- How John built a team of employees and trained them to ensure they roasted the perfect almond just like he would, so his almonds were consistent across the world.
- How John went international and started opening carts all around the world with 0 advertising.
- How John 3x his company's revenue every year for 5 straight years. He grew from 300k to 1M to 3M to 9M to 30M to 90M and then hit over 100M in revenue in his 6th year.
- Why John sold his business and the #1 reason why he likes creating new businesses from the ground up.
- The top 10 things you need to be doing to create one of the 500 fastest growing companies in America, like John did.
- And, much much more!
WANT MORE OF John? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
John Mautner's website: JohnMautner.com
Tweet John here: @JohnMautner
Buy John's #1 Amazon Bestselling Book: The Profit Pattern: The Top 10 Tools To Transform Your Business, Drive Performance, Empower Your People, Accelerate Productivity and Profitability
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
John's 1 year program: Cycle Of Success Institute
The book I mentioned that I'm currently reading: Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL ALSO ENJOY:
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
Do you have a question for John?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!