LISTEN TO EPISODE 045 WITH ALEXIA VERNON HERE:
It's not everyday that you have the opportunity to speak with someone who's been named a "Moxie Maven" by the White House, given a keynote talk at the United Nations, and is regularly sought after for her professional advice by media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, Women's Health Magazine, Forbes, NBC, and CNN.
I was honoured to have an opportunity to speak to Alexia Vernon because she is a go-to thought leader, speaker, coach and trainer for executives, entrepreneurs and rising leaders.
Alexia is unparalleled in her ability to move audiences to identify and slay their limiting beliefs, reflect and reframe thinking and behaviour, and take aggressive and achievable action.
"If you know you have a big idea, a message, that can positively improve peoples lives, its not an opportunity to get on stage - it's a responsibility."
In this conversation, we dive deep into the psychological obstacles we all face as entrepreneurs when it comes to communicating our best selves to our followers, audience, or peers.
There's so much value in having the ability to influence action and inspire others to change their lives with the use of our words, and Alexia is a master at doing so.
She also gives us a few secrets to engaging an audience and connecting with them on a personal level, which is the most powerful thing you can do to create a lasting impact.
"Whenever I chose to go to a live event and I'm sitting in a room and I'm just being filled with information for hours on end, I always get so frustrated because I feel like it's such a big missed opportunity for creating an engaged community."
If you've ever doubted yourself and your worthiness as a speaker or felt like there are no new and fresh ideas worth spreading, you're going to love this episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Alexia Vernon, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Alexia's "headgear moment" that has remained with her still to this day.
- The subtle but significant shift you need to make to step into your moxie.
- The internal struggle Alexia faced with her voice.
- How Alexia won a beauty pageant with the help of her public speaking skills.
- How to transform your audience through your speech so that they leave the room ready to take big bold action.
- How to stop people in their tracks and impact them on an emotional level with your words.
- The biggest limiting belief people have when it comes to public speaking. (And how to get over it!)
- Why in-person retreats are a big part of Alexia's business.
- The value of story telling and why visualization creates memorable communication.
- A few tactics you can use to leave a lasting impression on your audience.
- How to have a fresh idea worth spreading as a speaker, even though every topic is already taken or has already been spoken about.
- How to develop stage presence and confidence as a speaker.
- How to find the idea you want to be known for in the world, and find stories that would be stage-worthy.
- And, much much more!
WANT MORE OF Alexia? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Alexia Vernon's website: AlexiaVernon.com
Tweet her @AlexiaVernon.
Check out Alexia on Facebook.
Follow Alexia on Instagram: @alexiavernon
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL ALSO ENJOY:
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
Do you have any questions for alexIa?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!