LISTEN TO EPISODE 046 WITH MEGHAN TELPNER HERE:
Every once and a while something special unexpectedly pops up in your email inbox.
For me, it was an email from Meghan Telpner.
And today, not only am I lucky enough to have Meghan on the Unleash Yourself podcast, but I'm also able to call her my friend.
My favorite thing about Meghan's story is that she had no idea that she would be doing what she does today, and not only did she find a new passion in it, but she turned it into a 7-figure business.
It all started after she graduated with a solo-backpacking trip to Africa.
"I just had this desire to go and explore and see someone else's interpretation or someone else's reality of real life and see what was going on in the world."
I'm a huge proponent of travel and I've travelled solo quite extensively myself so I'm not surprised that Meghan's life changed completely when she decided on taking this adventure of a lifetime.
She discovered a new avenue; a new path she wanted to explore.
And, this wasn't a new country or exotic island, it was her passion for food, nutrition, and the ability to create in the kitchen.
Today, Meghan runs The Academy of Culinary Nutrition and has certified over 700 people in over 30 countries.
I find it so inspiring that Meghan enjoys sharing how she got started, and how her first steps with the business was out of her own apartment, where she would host "Cooking Parties" from her tiny kitchen.
"Looking back, if I could just tell myself one thing, it's like "just relax, it's going to work out, this is all relevant, it all matters, it's all a part of your process."
It wasn't an overnight success, but Meghan was determined to make it work no matter what she needed to do: from emailing her entire personal contact list to decorating her bicycle with flowers and handing out flyers on the street to the general public.
"I was willing to try anything!"
Along the way, she learned everything she could about starting a business, scaling, hiring, creating trust, and ultimately feeling the confidence to let her personality shine through her brand.
"I think that most of us, when we stop trying to be like everyone else, are incredible human beings. The biggest challenge I see is that people are working to emulate those they see as being successful...and that's what comes up as inauthentic."
Today, she shares everything in episode #46 of the Unleash Yourself podcast! So, if you want to build your business incrementally and put in the work needed to build a 7-figure business, you're in the right place.
P.S. Here's the 1-page of notes I took during our conversation:
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Meghan Telpner, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Meghan left Canada to backpack in Africa after graduating with a degree in fashion marketing, and what happened to her while she was there that changed her life forever.
- How Meghan changed her body, mind, and life, through unconventional ways of healing.
- How Meghan's curiosity about healing and health led her to go back to school, but this time to study nutrition, and why she started a cooking class because of it.
- Why social media is like monopoly money.
- How Meghan started her culinary business by hosting dinner parties in her own home.
- The early stages and the "shameless marketing" that Meghan did which involved: emailing her entire personal list of friends, family, and everyone else she's ever contacted, decorating her bicycle in flowers and flyers, and the lesson she learned along the way.
- How to feel UNLEASHED by doing what you love.
- How Meghan transitioned from her kitchen to the online space and started blogging for a national outlet and filming her cooking classes.
- The value of building a community and how to create loyalty and highly demanded content by listening.
- Why you shouldn't launch a business with a signature course, and what to do instead.
- Why Meghan thinks that good content is the best SEO.
- The value in offering a certification and how Meghan achieves incredible completion rates on her online course.
- When it was right to start hiring and what Meghan learned about quantity vs quality as she hired and why she decided to scale it back once her team got too big.
- The value of being authentic and letting your personality shine through your brand.
- And, much much more!
WANT MORE OF Meghan? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Meghan's website: MeghanTelpner.com
Follow Meghan Telpner on Facebook
Tweet Meghan and say hello: @MeghanTelpner
Follow Meghan on Instagram: @MeghanTelpner
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Meghan's online school: The Academy of Culinary Nutrition
Get Meghan's books:
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL ALSO ENJOY:
EP 034: HOW I CURED MYSELF FROM IBS, CYSTIC ACNE, AND DEPRESSION THROUGH HOLISTIC NUTRITION (FEATURING STEPH SAGE).
EP 044: BUILD ONE OF AMERICA'S FASTEST GROWING COMPANIES BY FOLLOWING THESE 10 "PROFIT PATTERN" PRINCIPLES (FEATURING JOHN MAUTNER).
EP 029: DISCOVER THE OPEN WORLD, TRAVEL 30+ COUNTRIES, AND BUILD YOUR BUSINESS IN AN UNCONVENTIONAL WAY. (FEATURING DANNY FLOOD)
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Meghan?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!