LISTEN TO EPISODE 048 WITH Nabil DosS HERE:
You may not recognize the name of this week's guest, but chances are you'll recognize his voice.
That's because Nabil Doss is the voice of Paramount Pictures in Canada and has voiced, produced, and directed hundreds of Hollywood Blockbuster trailers.
But, as you'll see in this interview, Nabil has more than just a recognizable voice, he has a brilliant mind.
"Words by themselves are nothing. It's the emotional charge or the intellectual process that's behind them that truly matter."
In this episode, he explains how to unleash your true potential to communicate at a deeper level and craft an incredibly inspirational message.
Nabil believes that each word has incredible power and if you're able to understand the essence behind each word you speak, you'll have the ability to inform, influence, and inspire the masses.
"Sometimes you have to give yourself permission to share your gifts and talents."
But, as you know, with great power comes great responsibility and becoming an influencer comes with a whole new set of responsibilities, expectations, and pressure.
Nabil gets me to open up about some of my current struggles and provided some amazing advice that has allowed me to break through some limiting beliefs that have been slowing me down for months.
"If you can't communicate you can't lead. Leaders are always great storytellers."
This episode of the Unleash Yourself podcast is incredibly powerful because Nabil shares his unique multidimensional approach to speaking that's guaranteed to captivate and connect with your audience on a whole new level.
Plus, he gives you permission to be yourself throughout this process and even encourages you to unlearn some things you've learned in school so that you can be more authentic and true to your own personality.
"Great speakers have an ability to pull you into their world while still being relevant to yours. You feel unique, like they're talking to you, even though they may be speaking to thousands of people."
This episode is bound to make you feel #UNLEASHED!
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Nabil Doss, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Nabil became the voice of Paramount Pictures for movie trailers in Canada.
- Why it's important to find the true essence of every word you speak.
- How to bring colour and texture to words.
- How to limit the amount of words you say to allow the words you speak to be more powerful.
- What "influential communication" means.
- The #1 way to express your vision in order to Inform, Influence, and Inspire your audience.
- Why the "IN" system revolves around the operative word: Influence. (You need to hear Nabil's explanation to understand it fully. Trust me, it's worth it!)
- How to be seen as leader by leveraging influential communication and involving people in your vision by taking them on a journey with your story.
- The importance of sharing your struggles as a part of your life story and how to do it in a meaningful way to create perspective.
- Why charisma plays a big role in being a great leader and a great communicator. Plus, the #1 way to instantly increase your charisma. (Hint: you already have everything you need!)
- Why I think communication skills (either written or verbal) are the most important skills you can have.
- My personal struggle with attention and dealing with the pressure of expectation as an entrepreneur, and why I never felt this in other aspects of my life up until now.
- Why being politically correct isn't always necessary and why we should let our true personality shine, even though it may not always be "business-like".
- Nabil's favorite quote, book, and some random interesting facts!
- And, much much more!
WANT MORE OF Nabil? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Nabil's website: http://www.nabildoss.in/
Tweet Nabil and say hello: @NabilDoss
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- One of the most influential and powerful book Nabil has read: Made To Stick by Dan & Chip Heath.
- Nabil narrating the trailer for Transformers 3:
Nabil's Favorite Quote:
"What if? What if the only thing standing between where you are today and where you have always believed you could be, is the courage to let go of where you've already been." -Toni Newman
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL ALSO ENJOY:
EP 045: BECOME A HOTSHOT SPEAKER, FEEL STAGE-WORTHY, AND INSPIRE CHANGE IN OTHERS WITH YOUR WORDS (FEATURING ALEXIA VERNON).
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Nabil?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!