LISTEN TO EPISODE 052 WITH Me here:
Today is the one year anniversary of the Unleash Yourself podcast!
When I first started podcasting, I honestly didn't even consider the possibility of being in this position and having consistently published a podcast every single week for 52 consecutive weeks.
But now that I'm here, it feels great!
Over the past year, my podcast hit #1 for New and Noteworthy podcasts and was later featured on the front page of iTunes Canada for "What's Hot" next to some of the biggest podcasts in the industry like Lewis Howes' The School Of Greatness, John Lee Dumas' EoFire, Pat Flynn's Smart Passive Income, Tim Ferriss' The Tim Ferriss Show, and many more.
Plus, as of this date the podcast has been listened to in 90 different countries, every Canadian province and 49/50 American states (get with the program, Montana!).
As a way of saying thank-you for your continuous support (because without your subscriptions, ratings, and reviews, my show wouldn't be anywhere close to where it is today) I want to give you a vulnerable and honest review of my year.
So, I decided to open up a blog post I wrote a few weeks before the New Year and share it with you.
This is something I wrote with the intent of publishing, but never did due to a myriad of reasons.
It's titled The Year Of Growth and it breaks down my biggest goals for the year.
I haven't looked at this document for a long time but I thought it would be an interesting way to take a look at what's happened over the last year and to see where I was then and where I am today.
I never thought I'd share some of the things I talk about in this podcast, but I think the time is right. I hope you enjoy it.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH me, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Celebration of the 1-year anniversary of the Unleash Yourself podcast.
- Some analytics I've never shared before: find out how many countries in the world have listened to my podcast.
- How the biggest benefit I get from my podcast is not what I thought it would be when I first started out.
- Why I labeled this year: The Year Of Growth. I reveal a blog post I wrote right before the New Year with some goals for 2016(which I never published). Find out if I achieved them, what changed, and how I've grown.
- How I surrounded myself with different people and became the best version of myself.
- The #1 reason why I went to live in Chiang Mai, Thailand. (This has nothing to do with the weather and the beaches in Thailand.)
- What it's like to live in Chiang Mai: the people, the lifestyle, the expenses, and why I think all people starting a business should consider starting there.
- Why having an "easy life" was actually detrimental to my ambition, drive, and success.
- What I did to tame the little negative voice in my head that constantly held me back.
- My new morning routine and how I feel superhuman by waking up at 5:30am every day.
- How to be disciplined when you have no rules and how to use it to create confidence, momentum and massive action.
- How to focus your attention inward by practicing meditation and to stop constantly worrying about what other people think.
- Why pushing off instant gratification allowed me to feel a higher sense of self-worth.
- And much, much more.
WANT MORE OF Me? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
The book I mentioned about morning routines: The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.
The book I mentioned about choice and why more is less: The Paradox Of Choice by Barry Shwartz.
Unleash Yourself Episode #20: Drop out of school, start a business, and stop giving a F*** what other people think (featuring Sean Kim).
Unleash Yourself Episode #21: Change your thoughts and change the world (featuring Grace Smith).
Unleash Yourself Episode #26: How to get booked and paid to speak (featuring Grant Baldwin).
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Me?
Comment below and let me know what's on your mind!