LISTEN TO EPISODE 054 WITH Gillian Zoe Segal HERE:
What would a conversation with Warren Buffett be worth to you?
What about with Anderson Cooper? Or Michael Bloomberg? Or Jillian Michaels?
Well, this week's guest on the Unleash Yourself podcast had a chance to sit down and learn from all 4 of them...along with 26 others who are known as some of the most successful people in the world.
Gillian Zoe Segal interview 30 of the world's most successful people and then complied all the biggest lessons she learned and published them in her book Getting There: A Book Of Mentors.
Using some of her own ninja strategies, I was able to schedule a time to chat with her on the podcast and got her to share some of her best secrets, proven strategies, and most successful networking tactics.
"Never accept a No from someone who can't give you a yes."
Gillian also shares some of the biggest obstacles she faced when trying to get in touch with some of the most pitched people alive and we dive deep into the exact strategies she used to get past gatekeepers, to get someone's attention by being a real person, and why having passion for making this happen was the #1 reason why she was able to make this happen. After all, the project took her 5 years to complete. (How many of us could stick to a single project for 5 years?!)
"Nothing is easy And if you don't really enjoy what you're doing you might do an okay job at it, but you're not going to get to the top."
So, if you're trying to network your way to your dream job, trying to surround yourself with other top performers, or even trying to get a hold of some high achievers for your podcast or your online business, you're going to absolutely love this interview!
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Gillian Zoe Segal, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What Gillian read in a commencement speech that inspired her to follow her passion of photography and break away from the path of she was on after graduating from law school.
- What writing her first book, New York Characters, taught her about her passions and her curiosity about other people's journeys...and how that led her to write Getting There.
- Why being passionate about your idea, topic, or vision is the #1 thing you need when starting a business.
- How to reach out to the most successful people in the world (Warren Buffet, Michael Bloomberg, Jillian Michaels, Anderson Cooper, etc) and schedule a meeting with them...with no prior contacts or "special" relationships or refferals.
- How to build and maintain a relationship with super high-level people after meeting them for the first time.
- The importance of a mentor and why everyone should have one.
- The top 7 things that 30 of the most successful people in the world ALL have in common.
- And much, much more.
WANT MORE OF Gillian? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Check out Gillian's book Getting There: A Book Of Mentors.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Read the 2 articles that Gillian mentioned throughout the podcast episode:
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Gillian?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!