LISTEN TO EPISODE 056 WITH Jeremy Ryan Slate HERE:
Have you ever invested a lot of time and money into something, only to realize way down the line that you don't want it anymore?
Did you change path and cut your losses or keep going with it just because of investment you already made toward it?
This week's guest on The Unleash Yourself Podcast graduated from Oxford with a degree in ancient history, only to realize after taking a trip to Peru that he didn't want to become a professor anymore.
Jeremy Ryan Slate wanted to become an entrepreneur so that he could create his own life.
Today Jeremy is the host of the popular podcast Create Your Own Life where he deconstructs some of the highest achievers in business, art, fitness, and more, to uncover an actionable plan for success that will help YOU live life on your own terms.
"I'm creating my own life and at the same time, I'm helping others create their own too."
Starting from the bottom with no podcasting or marketing experience, Jeremy hustled hard. When he launched his first podcast and it flopped, he took a brutally honest look at himself and realized that if he wanted to be successful he needed to act like a professional. From that moment onward he started investing in online courses, taking his podcast more seriously, and putting out high quality episodes 3 times a week.
Can you guess what happened after that?
"You to need to honest with yourself about who you are, where you're starting and what it's going to take, but if you have a big vision then who gives a crap. It's about getting there and all the things you're going to learn on the way there."
His show started getting traction and he slowly scaled his way up to higher level guests and started getting more downloads as a result. Today his show has over 140 5-star reviews and he's interviewed incredible people like Grant Cardone, Hal Elrod, Pat Flynn, Robert Greene, Kelly Starrett, and many more.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Jeremy Ryan Slate, YOU’LL LEARN:
- What Jeremy did after he graduated from Oxford with a degree that he no longer wanted to pursue.
- Jeremy's experience working in network marketing and what he learned from the industry.
- Why Jeremy left network marketing and how that allowed him to get to the next level by focusing on what his natural strengths were.
- How Jeremy got into podcasting and why a trip to Peru helped him get started.
- Why Jeremy chose the format of podcasting and didn't decide to go into blogging or video.
- Why his first podcast called Rock Your Life was a complete flop and what he did differently with Create Your Own Life that allowed it to succeed.
- The #1 reason why Jeremy didn't give up after his first attempt at launching a podcast didn't go as he hoped it would.
- The exact process Jeremy follows when he creates a podcast that allows him to repurpose each episode into a blog, then a youtube video, then a lead magnet and finally into content for social media.
- Why publishing 3 episodes per week is the best way to grow your podcast, fast.
- How to get high level influencers on your podcast like Hal Elrod, Grant Cardone, Pat Flynn, Patrick Bet-David, Tony Horton, Kelly Starett, Robert Greene etc.
- And much, much more.
WANT MORE OF Jeremy? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Check out Jeremy's Podcast: Create Your Own Life
Jeremy's Website: JeremyRyanSlate.com
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
The article Jeremy mentioned about podcast launch strategies written by Nathan Latka: HUGE Guide of Podcast Launch Strategies For 1,000,000 Downloads, Sponsor Money, and Celebrity Status
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Jeremy?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!