LISTEN TO EPISODE 058 WITH Daniel Gefen HERE:
Are you persistent? But like REALLY persistent?
Are you willing to do whatever it takes to achieve your goals?
This week's guest on The Unleash Yourself Podcast is probably one of the most persistent people I know.
Daniel Gefen has gone on an incredible journey before finding himself where he is today (he'll tell you all about it in a minute!) but the most constant and consistent theme of his life is the idea of being persistent.
When he was 5 years old, being persistent got him the chocolate bar he wanted. Later, when he was in his twenties, it got him an offer from a venture capitalist.
"Anytime anybody showed the slightest interest, I called them back. I just kept calling them. If they said "maybe" or "not right now" or "I'll think about it", I just kept calling them back."
I loved chatting with Daniel not only because he's gone through a lot of ups and downs but because he shares them all so honestly and really dives deep into the the reality behind being an entrepreneur.
This is podcast is going to inspire the heck out of you, but not in the way that most other podcasts do. Daniel won't talk about millionaire-type lifestyles or sugar coat what it's like to be an entrepreneur (he even admitted that he was having a pretty crappy day) but he'll show you what's possible if you have an open mind, work hard, and be persistent like no one else around you.
"The only way to overcome fear is to face it, head on."
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Daniel Gefen, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Daniel's journey as an entrepreneur started with wanting chocolate.
- Why being persistent is the #1 quality an entrepreneur must to have.
- What Daniel learned about business by asking his girlfriend to marry him.
- Why cold calling prospects and being tenacious and persistent led to an offer from a Venture Capitalist.
- Daniel's rant about people trying to emulate Tony Robbins and Gary V. and why this stops a lot of people getting started or getting legitimate results.
- How Daniel negotiated a 6-figure salary in his first ever job.
- What happened in 2008 when Daniel got let off and suddenly couldn't pay his rent. How he felt having to move in with his in-laws and work for his dad as a cashier, selling milk and eggs.
- Advice for people who are currently in a job that they hate.
- How Daniel started his first business and the reality of starting a business from scratch; renting office space, managing staff, chasing invoices, and growing the business.
- The value of having a mentor and why seeking advice from a trusted mentor helped Daniel make the right decisions in difficult situations when he was emotional and may have made a poor decision otherwise.
- Why Daniel outsourced his entire business to his competitors.
- The only way to overcome fear.
WANT MORE OF Daniel? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Check out Daniel's podcast: Can I Pick Your Brain?
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Join Daniel's Facebook group here.
Daniel's answering service business: Jet Virtual
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Daniel?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!