Scott Wilhite, producer, author and foudner of nCourage.life
LISTEN TO EPISODE 066 WITH Scott Wilhite HERE:
Did you know that happiness is a skill?
For the longest time, I didn't! When I found out that happiness was something I could work on and something that I could take certain steps toward improving, things changed.
I started changing the way I lived my life and started making a conscious effort to improve my happiness.
Today, I could say with certainty that I'm the happiest I've ever been.
And, this week's guest on the Unleash Yourself Podcast is here to teach you how you too can drastically improve your happiness levels by harnessing the 7 core principles of everyday happiness.
"The harder I tried to be happy and to find happiness and search for it and buy it, or whatever, the more unhappy and unsatisfied I was and the more real it was to me that I was in fact, unhappy."
Scott Wilhite is a recovering grumpaholic.
As an award-winning filmmaker, writer, producer, and director, Scott used to enjoy the everyday grind of his promising career...without actually enjoying it.
Ten of his most productive years were also some of the darkest and unsatisfying years which left him directionless and without purpose or meaning.
This all changed when he stumbled upon the world of positive psychology and realized that we all have the power to make a huge difference in our lives when we start living deliberately and consciously.
Knowing that happiness was a skill (and not only a mood or a feeling), Scott felt incredible and vouched to work on his happiness skills every day so that he could transform his life, forever.
"You can't be grateful and unhappy at the same time."
Today, Scott shares everything he's learned over at nCOURAGE.life.
His mission is to help everyone realize that they can learn a systemized approach to condition themselves into healthy thought patters by following a simple methodology which makes happiness a habit.
This is a game-changer because this is a journey we can all take! Anger? Frustration? Shyness? Doubt? Insecurities? These are all mindset issues. And since happiness is a mindset as well, so many of life’s problems can be solved by learning to master your mindset and practice the skills of happiness.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Scott Wilhite, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Scott calls himself a recovering grumpaholic.
- How chasing happiness usually leads us to look in the wrong places.
- The book that changed Scott's life and introduced him to the scientific study of happiness: The Happiness Advantage.
- Why happiness is a skill and how to improve your happiness skills.
- How Scott didn't even realize he was unhappy and why going to Cambodia was an eye-opener for him which led him to quit his job after 10 years of award winning performance as a producer.
- The value of keeping a gratitude journal and writing down 3 fortunate things that happened to you everyday.
- How to overcome the negative little voice in your head.
- Why fear is all about negative storytelling and how to re-write the stories you tell yourself that hold you back.
- The 7 core principles to everyday happiness.
- And much, much more.
WANT MORE OF Scott? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Get Scott's book for FREE: The 7 Core Principles To Everyday Happiness
The Feed Your Happy App
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
Want To Create And Launch An
Online Course...IN JUST A weekend?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Scott?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!