Chandler Bolt, author of Published.
LISTEN TO EPISODE 070 WITH Chandler Bolt HERE:
This week's episode of The Unleash Yourself Podcast is with a 5-time bestselling author and the CEO of an online business that grew from $0 to $1.32 million in it's first year and is now on pace to do over $2 million in it's second year.
He's also a college dropout.
"I got tired of running a business from professors who had never run a business."
Want to know how he did it?
He wrote a book.
At 19 years old, Chandler Bolt sank all the ships and burned all the bridges by dropping out of school and giving himself no choice but to become the successful entrepreneur he dreamt about being.
He didn't have a business idea yet, but he had a plan: he was going to 1) surround himself with the right people, 2) invest in learning and 3) work his ass off.
I loved chatting with Chandler because we have the same mentality when it comes to starting a business. We are both firm believers in learning by doing and not waiting until you feel ready to get started.
"Everything changed for me from the day I published my first book."
Chandler would have never guessed that he would go on to become a 6-time author and CEO of Self-Publishing School (he was a C-level student in school!) but that's the beauty of it all.
You build a business.
And you become the best possible version of yourself along the way.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Chandler bolt, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Chandler dropped out of college without having a business idea yet.
- The value of putting pressure on yourself in order to scare yourself into taking massive action.
- The answer to the question: "Should I drop out of school?" (and how to speak to your parents about it.)
- How things changed drastically for Chandler when he started an "Entrepreneur House" in San Diego (which later was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine).
- Why you need to have runway.
- Why Chandler wrote his first book and how he turned his book into a business.
- The advice he got from speaking to Brian Tracy.
- How to come up with an idea for your first book.
- The best way to outline your book so that writing it is a breeze.
- If writing a book is right for you or not.
- The step-by-step process to writing and publishing your first book, in 90 days or less.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Get Chandler's newest book: Published: A proven path from blank page to published author.
The #1 website for aspiring authors: Self-publishingschool.com
The Business Insider article we spoke about during our conversation.
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Chandler?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!