LISTEN TO EPISODE 039 WITH shannon lee simmons HERE:
Is tax season driving you crazy?
Trust me, I've been there so I totally get how you're feeling right now.
Because of it, I decided to help you (and myself!) out by bringing my friend Shannon Lee Simmons on the Unleash Yourself podcast to talk about how to get, and keep, your financial house in order.
Shannon is one of Canada's biggest and brightest when it comes to preparing and organizing your taxes, filing on time, and enjoying the whole process.
"Understanding your finances and your taxes should be the main focus of your business. The whole difference between being a hobbyist and a business is making money."
Yes, I said ENJOYING it.
Hard to believe, I know...
But, that's exactly why Shannon started the New School Of Finance; to change the way you think about money, finance, spreadsheets, and taxes, simply by making it fun and engaging...and even a little silly.
When was the last time your accountant dressed up as a Game Of Thrones character and threw you a Tax Prep Party?!
As you'll see in this interview, Shannon has a massive personality and has the ability to instantly put a smile on your face.
But, there was a time where Shannon had to hold back and contain herself because she was working on Bay Street (Canada's Wall Street), and there are some things that just aren't accepted in corporate finance.
"I felt like a jack-in-the-box that was ready to burst. And that's the thing, now that I'm out, I can't go back."
She felt so strongly about doing things differently that she totally unleashed herself from this world and set out to completely change the finance-game.
If you feel uncomfortable when it comes to finance, taxes, spreadsheets, and all that jazz, then you need to start doing things the New School way...
...and Shannon will show you how!
MORE SPECIFICALLY, ON THIS EPISODE OF THE UNLEASH YOURSELF PODCAST WITH Shannon, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why working on Bay Street (Canada's Wall Street) made her feel trapped and not able to let her true personality shine.
- How Shannon unleashed herself from the expectations that people had of her just because she was working in finance, and why she wears costumes on a regular basis today.
- Why she offered financial advice to over 300 women in exchange for a bartered good or service, and NOT money. And, how this made finance feel more fun and accessible.
- The #1 reason why most people, even millionaires, struggle with their financial planning and tax preparation. Here's what to do instead.
- How to track your finances as a sole proprietor so you don't freak out when tax season arrives. What to track, how to track it, and how to keep it organized and consistent.
- How to minimize how much you pay in taxes, legally!
- The difference between being a freelancer or sole proprietor and an incorporated company, and how you should set up your bank accounts in a way to maximize your unique situation.
- Why it's important to register your business!
- How to plan backwards and forecast how much monthly revenue you need to generate per month to live the lifestyle you want.
- Should you be afraid to get audited?! And, the difference between an audit and a review.
- Some "urban tax myths" about what you CAN and CAN NOT write off. This is really important for entrepreneurs who try to expense everything!
- And, much much more!
WANT MORE OF shannon? CHECK OUT THESE LINKS:
Check out Shannon's website: The New School Of Finance
Follow Shannon on Instagram: @ShanLeeSimmons
Tweet Shannon by clicking here!
Check out the New School Of Finance on Facebook.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Track That Shiz Spreadsheet
ENJOY THE PODCAST? PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW BY TELLING YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARING ONLINE:
And, if you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please pass this link along to them as well. Just use the share buttons on the left side of the screen. I’m sure they’ll appreciate you for it!
WANT TO CREATE AND LAUNCH AN
ONLINE COURSE...IN JUST A WEEKEND?!
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR Shannon?
Comment below and let us know what's on your mind!